About the Ithaca College Library
Welcome to the Ithaca College Library. Our mission is to enhance teaching and learning at Ithaca College through the provision of flexible, diverse, and user-centered information services and resources.
The library staff works to create an organization that is receptive to innovation, recognized for efficient management, and focused on continuous improvement in our services, resources, and facility. To that end, we value your comments—user feedback is reviewed and frequently results in enhancements to our services and resources.
Our strategic priorities include:
- Develop access to content that meets the diverse needs of the various programs across the College.
- Develop and deliver high quality, personalized information services that are based on user preferences and a connection to academic programs.
- Engage in outreach and collaborative activities that enhance teaching and learning at the College and expand possibilities for productive partnerships.
- Develop multiple opportunities for students to acquire information literacy skills and faculty to enhance their research skills.
- Develop strategies that aim for sustained improvement by engaging users in an ongoing dialogue and continuously monitoring the allocation of personnel and other resources in support of our mission.
I encourage you to take full advantage of the services and resources we offer.
Lisabeth Chabot, College Librarian
- We're open more than 148 hours per week! Extended hours during exam periods.
- IC Faculty, Staff, and Students have 24/7 access to online resources.
- Ask a Librarian – Targeted research assistance and instruction provided by our subject experts.
- Interlibrary Loan – requested articles delivered via email.
- 315,000 volumes. About 4,200 titles are added each year.
- 137,000 electronic books
- 150 Full-text databases
- 37,000 multimedia items, including an extensive DVD collection.
- 71,000 serial subscriptions (print and online)
- Research Guides for general subject areas and for specific courses
- The Ithaca College Archives features the Rod Serling collection, online access to historical issues of The Ithacan, and digitized images of the College.
- Digital Commons @ IC – Faculty and student scholarship; links to selected IC publications.