- Academic Search Premier & ProQuest Research Library : multidisciplinary databases for both journal and magazine articles.
- Ethnic NewsWatch : articles from magazines and newspapers with an ethnic American perspective.
- SocINDEX with Full Text : coverage of sociology and related social sciences: ethnic & racial studies, gender studies, urban studies, criminology, social work, cultural anthropology.
- JSTOR : a multidisplinary databases, including African American Studies, African Studies, American Studies, History, Political Science, Sociology, and Urban Studies.
- Diversity Studies Collection : International coverage of the wide diversity of diversity topics.
- America: History and Life : coverage of the history of the United States and Canada from prehistory to the present.
- Historical Abstracts : coverage is the history of the world from 1450, including the Americas, except the United States and Canada
- Biblioteca Digital del Patrimonio Iberoamericano
A portal providing access to digital resources from various Latin American and Iberian national libraries. Collections include maps, prints, drawings, and photographs, manuscripts, sound recordings, and incunabula.
Latinobarómetro is a study of public opinion that annually applies around 20,000 interviews in 18 countries of Latin America representing more than 600 million inhabitants. It investigates the development of democracy, economy and society as a whole, using indicators of public opinion that measure attitudes, values and behaviors. The results are used by the socio-political actors of the region, international actors, government and media.
- Current Population Survey: Hispanic Population of the United States.
- Notable Latino Americans: A Biographical Dictionary
- Contemporary World Issues: Latino Issues: A Reference Handbook
- Latinos in America
- Columbia History of Latinos in the United States Since 1960
- Encyclopedia of Minorities in American Politics: Volume 2, Hispanic Americans and Native Americans
Government and University Websites
- University of Miami Digital Collections: Cuban Heritage Collection
indexes and provides access to the papers and records of Cuban and Cuban exile individuals and organizations. Covers politics, culture, and literature.
- Hispanic Reading Room, from the Library of Congress.
Online access to one of the premier research facilities related to the geography, cultures, and peoples throughout the world historically influenced by Hispanic heritage. At the Reading Room is HLAS Online (Handbook of Latin American Studies) and HLAS Web, which are two different ways of searching the Library of Congress collection of Hispanic materials.
- Also at the Library of Congress, is its collection of Country Studies, including those from all of the Americas.
- Latin American Network Information Center (LANIC)
Links to hundreds of thousands of pages of full-text resources including research papers written by Latin American studies scholars; theses and dissertations; etext versions of books; conference proceedings; speeches by Latin American leaders; periodical publications; and official documents.
- LAPOP: Latin American Public Opinion Project, from Vanderbilt.
Survey results from research conducted in the US and Latin America.
- Political Database of the Americas, from Georgetown.
A database of political documents for all countries of North and South America. Includes such texts as constitutions and laws, and data on areas such as electoral systems and political parties.
Searching the Library Catalog
Use the following terms to search the library catalog:
- For Latinos (United States), Hispanic Americans
- For citizens of Latin American countries, Latin Americans
- For Latinas, Hispanic American women
- For Chicanos, Mexican Americans for American citizens of Mexican origins and Mexicans -- United States for Mexicans living in the United States.
- Similarly use Cuban Americans or Cubans -- United States
Call number areas
- E 184.M5: Mexican Americans / Chicanos
- E 184.S75: Hispanic Americans
- F 1200-F1392: Mexico
- F 1420-2191: Central America & the Caribbean
- LC 2669: Hispanic Americans - Education
- PS 153.M4: Mexican-American/Chicano Literature
- PS 508.H57: American Literature - Hispanic American Authors
Ethnic & Race Studies Journals
Browse over 300 Ethnic & Race Studies journals found online and available to Ithaca College students.
Chicanos & Latinos: Portrayals in film
Films available in the Ithaca College Library that include a portrayal of Chicanos & Latinos.