CSCR 10700 Introduction to Latino/a Studies
Table of Contents
- Academic Search Premier & ProQuest Research Library : multidisciplinary databases for both journal and magazine articles.
- Ethnic NewsWatch : articles from magazines and newspapers with an ethnic American perspective.
- SocINDEX with Full Text : coverage of sociology and related social sciences: ethnic & racial studies, gender studies, urban studies, criminology, social work, cultural anthropology.
- JSTOR : a multidisplinary databases, including African American Studies, African Studies, American Studies, History, Political Science, Sociology, and Urban Studies.
- Diversity Studies Collection : International coverage of the wide diversity of diversity topics.
- America: History and Life : coverage of the history of the United States and Canada from prehistory to the present.
- Historical Abstracts : coverage is the history of the world from 1450, including the Americas, except the United States and Canada
Call number areas
- E 184.M5: Mexican Americans / Chicanos
- E 184.S75: Hispanic Americans
- F 1200-F1392: Mexico
- F 1420-2191: Central America & the Caribbean
- HQ 1101-2030: Women
- LC 2669: Hispanic Americans - Education
- PS 153.M4: Mexican-American/Chicano Literature
- PS 508.H57: American Literature - Hispanic American Authors
Just a sampling of books related to Latino/a studies available online through the Ithaca College Library:
- Fleshing the spirit: spirituality and activism in Chicana, Latina, and indigenous women's lives / edited by Elisa Facio and Irene Lara. 2014.
- Hispanic image in Hollywood : a postcolonial approach / Jorge J. Barrueto. 2014.
- Hispanic migration and urban development / edited by Enrique S. Pumar. 2012.
- Latino America : how America's most dynamic population is poised to transform the politics of the nation / Matt Barreto and Gary M. Segura. 2014.
- The power of Latino leadership : culture, inclusion, and contribution / Juana Bordas. 2013
- Latino immigrants in the United States / Ronald L. Mize and Grace Peña Delgado. 2012
- Latino lives in America: making it home / Luis Ricardo Fraga et al. 2010.
Government and University Websites
- University of Miami Digital Collections: Cuban Heritage Collection
indexes and provides access to the papers and records of Cuban and Cuban exile individuals and organizations. Covers politics, culture, and literature.
- Hispanic Reading Room, from the Library of Congress.
Online access to one of the premier research facilities related to the geography, cultures, and peoples throughout the world historically influenced by Hispanic heritage. At the Reading Room is HLAS Online (Handbook of Latin American Studies) and HLAS Web, which are two different ways of searching the Library of Congress collection of Hispanic materials.
- Also at the Library of Congress, is its collection of Country Studies, including those from all of the Americas.
- Latin American Network Information Center (LANIC)
Links to hundreds of thousands of pages of full-text resources including research papers written by Latin American studies scholars; theses and dissertations; etext versions of books; conference proceedings; speeches by Latin American leaders; periodical publications; and official documents.
- LAPOP: Latin American Public Opinion Project, from Vanderbilt.
Survey results from research conducted in the US and Latin America.
- Political Database of the Americas, from Georgetown.
A database of political documents for all countries of North and South America. Includes such texts as constitutions and laws, and data on areas such as electoral systems and political parties.
- Mapping Indigenous LA
Uncovering multiple layers of indigenous Los Angeles through digital storytelling & oral history with community leaders, youth and elders from indigenous communities throughout the city.
Chicanos & Latinos: Portrayals in film
Films available in the Ithaca College Library that include a portrayal of Chicanos & Latinos.
Tell Us What You Think
Please take a moment to complete this very short survey. Your responses will help us to address any further questions you may have.