EDUC 20200 Literacy Education for Middle/Secondary School Teachers
Principal Periodical Databases
- ERIC (Ebsco interface)
Bibliographic citations, abstracts, and some full-text for journal articles, research and technical reports, conference papers and proceedings, program descriptions, teaching guides, and lesson plans covering all areas and levels of education.
- ProQuest Education Database
ProQuest Education Database covers hundreds of topics related to primary, secondary, higher, special, and alternative education.
JSTOR provides access to academic journals and primary sources in the humanities, social sciences, and sciences.
- Teacher Reference Center
Indexing and abstracting database of 270+ popular teacher and administrator journals. Topics include assessment, best practices, continuing education, current pedagogical research, curriculum development, elementary education, higher education, instructional media, language arts, literacy standards, school administration, science & mathematics, and teacher education.
Bibliographic citations and some full-text for journal articles, books, and book chapters. Subjects include psychology and psychological aspects of related disciplines, such as medicine, psychiatry, nursing, sociology, education, pharmacology, physiology, linguistics, anthropology, business, and law. 1872-present.
- MLA Directory of Publications
Incl. 7,100+ titles; of these, 4,400+ are currently indexed. The entries list editorial addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers, e-mail addresses, frequency of publication, descriptions of the periodicals' scopes, circulation figures, subscription prices and addresses, advertising information, and submission guidelines. The directory also provides statistics on how many articles and book reviews the periodicals publish each year, as well as how many are submitted.
- Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy
- Journal of Literacy Research
- Language & Literacy
- Literacy Learning
- LIteracy Today
Subject Headings for Books and Ebooks
Special Web sites
- Children's Literacy Initiative
- Teachers (Library of Congress) Access point for teachers to the Library of Congress' American Memory Collections. Provides activities, lesson plans, and suggestions for using the Library of Congress collections as part of the classroom curriculum.
- Reading Sage: A reading and literacy blog with grade level reading assessments, leveled close reading passages, lesson plans, reading comprehension games, and advanced reading activities.
- Success For All Foundation: An initiative created to develop and disseminate materials and programs to ensure that all students, from all backgrounds, achieve at the highest academic levels.
Tell Us What You Think
Please take a moment to complete this very short survey. Your responses will help us to address any further questions you may have.