EDUC 41110 Pedagogy and Practice for the English Teacher
Principal Periodical Databases
Narrow by discipline: Education (253 titles) or Language & Literature (463 titles)
- Project Muse
Research areas include: Creative Writing, Education, Theater, and Performing Art, Language and Linguistics, Literature, Studies by Time Period, and others.
- Google Scholar
Links to peer-reviewed papers, theses, books, preprints, abstracts and technical reports. Supports cited reference searching. Includes recent or unpublished work that hasn't yet been indexed. Includes links to full-text resources when available.
New York State Regents
- EngageNY's Common Core Curriculum
Curriculum modules and resources arranged by grade level. Both English Language Arts (ELA) and Mathematics are included.
- NYSED: English Language Arts Learning Standards and Core Curriculum Guidance
Links to the current NY State Learning Standards for English Language Arts (Common Core), as well as previous State Learning Standards and core curriculum guidance materials.
- New York State Regents Elementary/Intermediate Tests & Past Regents Examinations
Guides to Rhetoric & Composition
- The Writing Studio (Duke University): Click on "Resources."
- The University of Victoria Writer's Guide: Clear, comprehensive guide to academic writing. Includes a useful section on "Logic."
- OWL: Online Writing Lab (Purdue University): Use the "Navigation" menu on the right.
- Guide to Grammar & Writing: Writing guides at the sentence, paragraph, and essay levels, with helpful illustrations.
MLA is the citation style used by most disciplines in the Humanities. Here is my guide to the latest (2016) update of the MLA style.
Tell Us What You Think
Please take a moment to complete this very short survey. Your responses will help us to address any further questions you may have.