POLT 14200 Ideas and Ideologies
Principal Peridocial Databases
For magazine and journal articles related to current events and politics:
- Ethnic NewsWatch
- Diversity Studies Collection
- Gender Studies Collection
- Communications & Mass Media Collection
- War and Terrorism Collection
- Military and Government Collection
For newspaper and other news sources:
- Nexis Uni (replaces LexisNexis)
- New York Times (1980-present)
Full-text of The New York Times from 1980 - present. For Historical coverage please use ProQuest Historical Newspapers The New York Times (1851 - 2007)
- National Newspapers Premier
This database's detailed indexing will help you quickly find the news information you need. Each issue of each newspaper is indexed thoroughly, so researchers have access to not only top news stories but also the information contained on the various sections of the papers. The indexing covers not only complete bibliographic information but also companies, people, products, etc.
- Wall Street Journal (1984 - present)
Full text of The Wall Street Journal from 1984-present. For issues from 1889-1993, see the Wall Street Journal-ProQuest Historical Newspapers database.
- Newspapers from around the world from World Press.org
- Find Policy
Provides subject searching of think tank publications, including climate, development, economy, foreign policy, health, and public policy.
- Think Tank Search & Guide
Searches hundreds of think tank web sites. Also provides international lists of organizations. From Harvard's Kennedy School Library.
Political Issues Databases
These guides offer guides to political and social issues, many featuring pro and con viewpoints.
- CQ Researcher
- CQ Magazine
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context, providing articles, podcasts, maps, statistics, images, and other resources.
- ProCon.org, a nonpartisan citizenship/education organization
- On The Issues covers topics related to election campaigns
- Public Agenda : Check out its Understanding the Issues guide
Tell Us What You Think
Please take a moment to complete this very short survey. Your responses will help us to address any further questions you may have.