- Academic Search Premier & ProQuest Research Library : multidisciplinary databases for both journal and magazine articles.
- Ethnic NewsWatch : articles from magazines and newspapers with an ethnic American perspective.
- SocINDEX with Full Text : coverage of sociology and related social sciences: ethnic & racial studies, gender studies, urban studies, criminology, social work, cultural anthropology.
- JSTOR : a multidisplinary databases, including African American Studies, African Studies, American Studies, History, Political Science, Sociology, and Urban Studies.
- Diversity Studies Collection : International coverage of the wide diversity of diversity topics.
- America: History and Life : coverage of the history of the United States and Canada from prehistory to the present.
- Historical Abstracts : coverage is the history of the world from 1450, including the Americas, except the United States and Canada
- LAPOP: Latin American Public Opinion Project
Links to over 60 academic studies based on survey research conducted mainly in Latin America. The LAPOP surveys analyze citizen views on topics that range from system support and political tolerance, to citizen participation, local government, corruption, and views on authoritarianism. To date surveys have been conducted and are now being archived for: Bolivia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru and Venezuela as well as for Madagascar, Israel and Albania.
- Biblioteca Digital del Patrimonio Iberoamericano
A portal providing access to digital resources from various Latin American and Iberian national libraries. Collections include maps, prints, drawings, and photographs, manuscripts, sound recordings, and incunabula.
Latinobarómetro is a study of public opinion that annually applies around 20,000 interviews in 18 countries of Latin America representing more than 600 million inhabitants. It investigates the development of democracy, economy and society as a whole, using indicators of public opinion that measure attitudes, values and behaviors. The results are used by the socio-political actors of the region, international actors, government and media.
- La Opinion - Los Angeles Newspaper - Google News Archive covers 1890-2000, more recent issues available in Ethnic Newswatch and LexisNexis databases.
Government and University Websites
- University of Miami Digital Collections: Cuban Heritage Collection
indexes and provides access to the papers and records of Cuban and Cuban exile individuals and organizations. Covers politics, culture, and literature.
- Hispanic Reading Room, from the Library of Congress.
Online access to one of the premier research facilities related to the geography, cultures, and peoples throughout the world historically influenced by Hispanic heritage. At the Reading Room is HLAS Online (Handbook of Latin American Studies) and HLAS Web, which are two different ways of searching the Library of Congress collection of Hispanic materials.
- Latin American Network Information Center (LANIC)
Links to hundreds of thousands of pages of full-text resources including research papers written by Latin American studies scholars; theses and dissertations; etext versions of books; conference proceedings; speeches by Latin American leaders; periodical publications; and official documents.
- LAPOP: Latin American Public Opinion Project, from Vanderbilt.
Survey results from research conducted in the US and Latin America.
- Political Database of the Americas, from Georgetown.
A database of political documents for all countries of North and South America. Includes such texts as constitutions and laws, and data on areas such as electoral systems and political parties.