PSYC 20500 Life-Span Development: A Cross-Cultural Perspective
PsycINFO is unrivaled in its depth of psychological coverage and the first place to turn when doing research in psychology or any related behavioral science field.
Other Principal Periodical Databases
- SocINDEX with Full Text -- for cultural and other social aspects
- MEDLINE (EBSCO) -- for medical aspects of development
- ScienceDirect -- for psychological and biological aspects of development
- Biological Abstracts -- for medical and biological aspects of development.
- Diversity Studies Collection -- Has an emphasis on cultural differences in the disciplines of social science, history and liberal arts.
- JSTOR -- Especially good for historical research, but contemporary isssues as well. Disciplines covered include many in the social sciences.
- Academic Search Premier
- ERIC (Ebsco interface) Covers all areas and levels of education, including multicultural social aspects.
- Gender Studies Collection -- Covers cultural topics related to gender studies, but much more than that.
- AnthroSource -- For cultural and anthropological aspects.
- ATLA religion database with ATLASerials -- For cultural and religious aspects.
Index terms from PsycINFO's Thesaurus
Subject Headings for Searching PsycINFOYou should be as specific as you can, but these are some more general subject headings, based on the APA's Thesaurus of Psychological Index Terms that may prove useful.
- Human Development
- Developmental Age Groups
- Cross Cultural Differences
- Racial and Ethnic Differences
- Developmental Stages
- Nature Nurture
- Neonatal Development
- Infant Development
- Early Childhood Development
- Childhood Development
- Adolescent Development
- Adolescent Psychology
- Physical Development
- Psychological Development
- Cognitive Development
- Psychosocial Development
- Sexual Development
Subject Headings for Searching the Online Catalog, based on the Library of Congress Subject Headings list.
Tell Us What You Think
Please take a moment to complete this very short survey. Your responses will help us to address any further questions you may have.