Although PsycINFO is the primary periodical database in the field, there are other databases that might provide additional materials.
- ProQuest Psychology Database
not as comprehensive as PsycINFO, but there may be some records here not found elsewhere
- SocINDEX with Full Text
since the fields of psychology and sociology are so related, this can be a valuable resource.
- MEDLINE (EBSCO)
if there is a medical aspect to the topic, be sure to check here
a full text database covering more than just the natural sciences. You will often be sent here when searching in PsycINFO.
- Academic Search Premier
one of several general databases that cover many disciplines, plus news and current events. It includes both popular magazine articles as well as those from scholarly journals.
- SPORTDiscus with Full Text
if the topic is related to sports, athletics, exercise, or allied health, this is an excellent resource to examine.
Tests and Measurements
- Buros Test Reviews Online
Important note: the IC Library does not subscribe to this service, so the reviews are not available. However, the site provides citations and serves as an index to the paper copies of Mental Measurements Yearbook found in Reference, where the reviews are available.
- Mental Measurements Yearbook (Ref BF431. M4) and Tests in Print (Ref. BF431 .T47)
The following sites may contain the actual instrument or an abstract of the instrument. Most measurement tools must be purchased from the publisher.
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Institute Library, University of Washington. This resource is intended to help clinicians and researchers find instruments used for screening and assessment of substance use and substance use disorders.
- Dr. William E. Snell, Jr.'s Assessment Instruments Access to test instruments covering gender and sexuality.
- Neuropsychology Central Assessment Links Clinical Psychology Associates of North Central Florida has provided a link to instruments used in neuropsychology. research. Provides an overview of a variety of instruments including the strengths and weaknesses of each tool.
- SDSU Test Finder for Journal Articles Search for Complete Psychosocial Tests, Instruments, Rating Scales, and Measures found in the Journal Literature
To locate books in the library, these call number areas can be browsed.
- BF176 - BF198.7 Psychological tests.
- BF199 Behaviorism (Psychology)
- BF309 - BF499 Cognition.
- BF501- BF505 Motivation (Psychology)
- BF636- BF637 Psychology, Applied.
- BF692 & HQ12-449 Sex (Psychology)
- BF698 Personality
- BF712 - BF724.85 Developmental psychology
- HM1001-1281 Social psychology
- HQ1060-1064 Gerontology
- HQ1075-1075.5 Sex role
- LB1050.9-1091 Educational psychology
- QP351 - QP495 Neuropsychology.