CSCR 32400 Critical Race Theories in the United States
These are just a few databases out of many available to Ithaca College students to help you locate peridiocal articles and get started on the research for your project.
- SocINDEX with Full Text
The major indexing and abstracting tool for finding scholarly articles in sociology and cultural issues.
- Academic Search Premier
One of several general and multidisciplinary periodical databases, especially good for current events and contemporary topics.
- LexisNexis Academic
The Lexis part covers legal issues. The Nexis part covers newpapers.
- Diversity Studies Collection
Covers a diversity of diversity topics related to social science, history and liberal arts. This collection explores cultural differences, contributions and influences in our global community.
- Ethnic NewsWatch
An index to newspapers, magazine written for various ethnic American audiences, with full-text of the articles. Because few scholarly journals are included, may not be a first place to look for research.
Not restricted to classical music, so should be useful for hip hop and jazz music and social aspects of various forms of music.
- Philosopher's Index
For examining Critical Race Theory as a philosophy
A few ebooks
- The myth of racial color blindness manifestations, dynamics, and impact / edited by Helen A. Neville, Miguel E. Gallardo, and Derald Wing Sue. 2016.
- Critical race theory an introduction / Richard Delgado and Jean Stefancic. 2d ed., 2012.
- New race politics in America: understanding minority and immigrant politics / edited by Jane Junn, Kerry L. Haynie. 2008.
- Toxic diversity race, gender, and law talk in America / Dan Subotnik. 2005.
- Justice at war: civil liberties and civil rights during times of crisis / Richard Delgado. 2003.
- A hideous monster of the mind: American race theory in the early republic / Bruce Dain. 2002.
Tell Us What You Think
Please take a moment to complete this very short survey. Your responses will help us to address any further questions you may have.