CSCR 32400 Critical Race Theories in the United States
These are just a few databases out of many available to Ithaca College students to help you locate peridiocal articles and get started on the research for your project.
- SocINDEX with Full Text
The major indexing and abstracting tool for finding scholarly articles in sociology and cultural issues.
- Academic Search Premier
One of several general and multidisciplinary periodical databases, especially good for current events and contemporary topics.
- LexisNexis Academic
The Lexis part covers legal issues. The Nexis part covers newpapers.
- Diversity Studies Collection
Covers a diversity of diversity topics related to social science, history and liberal arts. This collection explores cultural differences, contributions and influences in our global community.
- Ethnic NewsWatch
An index to newspapers, magazine written for various ethnic American audiences, with full-text of the articles. Because few scholarly journals are included, may not be a first place to look for research.
Not restricted to classical music, so should be useful for hip hop and jazz music and social aspects of various forms of music.
- Philosopher's Index
For examining Critical Race Theory as a philosophy
- African Americans -- Intellectual life
- African American philosophy
- African Americans -- Politics and government
- African Americans -- Civil rights
- African Americans -- Social conditions
- Ethnicity -- United States
- Post-racialism -- United States
- Race awareness -- United States
- Race discrimination -- Law and legislation -- United States
- Racism -- United States
- United States -- Race relations
- United States -- Race relations -- Philosophy
- Whites--Race identity
- Emigration and immigration--Government policy
- Power (Social sciences)
- Power (Philosophy)
- Social classes--United States)
A few ebooks
- The myth of racial color blindness manifestations, dynamics, and impact / edited by Helen A. Neville, Miguel E. Gallardo, and Derald Wing Sue. 2016.
- Valdes, Francisco. Crossroads, Directions, and a New Critical Race Theory : And A New Critical Race Theory. 2014.
- Richard Delgado and Jean Stefancic. Critical race theory an introduction. 2d ed., 2012.
- New race politics in America: understanding minority and immigrant politics / edited by Jane Junn, Kerry L. Haynie. 2008.
- Dan Subotnik. Toxic diversity race, gender, and law talk in America. 2005.
- Richard Delgado. Justice at war: civil liberties and civil rights during times of crisis. 2003.
- Bruce Dain. A hideous monster of the mind: American race theory in the early republic 2002.
Tell Us What You Think
Please take a moment to complete this very short survey. Your responses will help us to address any further questions you may have.