ICSM Reading Popular Romance
The resources are major tools in finding articles from periodical literature (magazines and scholarly journals).
- MLA International Bibliography
From the Modern Language Association, the most important index for coverage of articles and books on modern literature. High brow literature, however, gets more attention than pop culture topics.
Provides full-text coverage of journals in many disciplines, including literary scholarship.
- PsycINFO & SocINDEX with Full Text
If you are exploring a topic from a social science perspective, these are two of the most complete indexing and abstracting services.
- Project Muse
A full text collection of scholarly journals in the humanities and social sciences.
- ProQuest Research Library & Academic Search Premier
Two general, comprehensive databases that provides access to both popular magazines and scholarly journals, so you will find book reviews and literary criticism.
- ERIC (Ebsco interface)
The principal education database. Good for searching for articles on the interpretation and teaching of literarature and popular culture.
- Literary Reference Center
More than just a periodical database, includes articles from reference sources, as well.
Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Vivanco, L. (2011). For Love and Money: The Literary Art of the Harlequin Mills & Boon Romance.
- Radway, J. (1984). Reading the Romance: Women, Patriarchy, and Popular Literature.
- McKnight-Trontz, Jennifer. (2002). The Look of Love: the Art of the Romance Novel.
- Elias, Amy J. (2001). Sublime desire: history and post-1960s fiction.
- Hsu-Ming Teo. (2012). Desert passions: Orientalism and romance novels.
- Batchelor, Bob. (2011).Cult Pop Culture : How the Fringe Became Mainstream
- Lilly J. Goren, ed. (2009). You've Come A Long Way, Baby : Women, Politics, and Popular Culture
- Zeisler, Andi.(2008). Feminism and Pop Culture
Tell Us What You Think
Please take a moment to complete this very short survey. Your responses will help us to address any further questions you may have.