GCOM 12500: Resources for Film and Safety Training
Table of Contents
- Honthaner, E. L. (2010). The complete film production handbook (4th ed). Burlington, MA: Focal Press. Available online: See chapter 17 on Safety: http://site.ebrary.com/lib/ithaca/reader.action?ppg=330&docID=10382849&tm=1450452784622
- Irving, D. K., Irving, D. K., & Rea, P. W. (2010). Producing and Directing the Short Film and Video (4th ed). Burlington: Elsevier. Available online: See Appendix E on Saftey Issues: http://site.ebrary.com/lib/ithaca/reader.action?ppg=380&docID=10382879&tm=1450453003310
- Goi, M., Winterhalter, M., & American Society of Cinematographers (Eds.). (2013). American cinematographer manual (10th ed). Hollywood, Calif: The ASC Press.Print. See Safety on the set / Kent H. Jorgensen and Vincent Matta: http://phoebe.ithaca.edu/vwebv/holdingsInfo?bibId=710671
The following articles are from the Journal of Mass Media Ethics; they explore the death of Sara Jones on the set of Midnight Rider. As of December 2015 these articles are embargoed in our database Communication Source (the current 18 months are not fulltext). Click the GET IT button to request the article via Interlibrary Loan.
- Concepción, B. E. (2014). Accountability Begins at Home. Journal of Mass Media Ethics, 29(4), 278–279. http://doi.org/10.1080/08900523.2014.954432
- Dillon, M. (2014). The Trouper Syndrome: A Train Wreck Waiting to Happen. Journal of Mass Media Ethics, 29(4), 275–277. http://doi.org/10.1080/08900523.2014.954430
- Nichols, C. (2014). Responsibility Thwarted. Journal of Mass Media Ethics, 29(4), 279–281. http://doi.org/10.1080/08900523.2014.954435
- Whitehouse, G. (2014). Midnight Rider: The Tragic Absence of Autonomy. Journal of Mass Media Ethics, 29(4), 273–274. http://doi.org/10.1080/08900523.2014.954426
Ithaca College, NY & LA websites
Ithaca College & the City of Ithaca
- Park School Doorknob Award site.
- Park School Field Production: Templates and forms
- Ithaca College Risk Management: See the Certificate of Insurance Request Form for Film Shoots.
- Filming in the IC Library
- City of Ithaca: Request to Film on City Property. Here is the application.
- Cornell Campus: Director of Operations, University Communications, 308 Day Hall. Phone: 607-255-1573. "All requests to film on the Cornell Campus must be approved by University Communications." See also: Filming in Cornell's libraries
- NYS Governors Office of Motion Picture and Television Development.
- Made in NY: Insurance
- Guidelines for Film & Photo Shoots: NYC (from NYC Parks)
- Rochester/Finger lakes Film & Video Office
- Onadoga County and Central NY Film Commission
- Film Production Safety in California
- New York Production Alliance "NYPA is an alliance of organizations and individuals committed to promoting film, television, video and new media production in New York City and New York State."
- Directors Guild of America: Incudes news, directories, rate cards, production center, etc. Particularly useful is the Production Center and local employment information which is divided into Agreements, Forms & Deal Memos. Signatory Info, and Employers Section. Some information is for members only.
- Association of Film Commissioners International: Find a film commission worldwide by clicking on a world region and then a state.
- AFTRA (AFL-CIO) American Federation of Television and Radio Artists
- IFP An organization of independent filmmakers
- Directory of International Film & Video Festivals (British Film Council)