SOCI 20600 Urban Sociology
Primary Periodical Databases
SOCIOLOGY AND SOCIAL SCIENCE
- SocINDEX with Full Text : the premier periodical database for sociology, social work, and social issues.
- Academic Search Premier : a general, multidisciplinary database that can be the best first place to look for current events and social issue topics. Provides access to both popular and scholarly articles.
- Project Muse : Offers full-text articles from university press journals, with a major component involving social, cultural, political, and gender studies. Includes both current and historical material.
- JSTOR : provides access to academic journals and primary sources in the humanities, social sciences, and sciences. Covers most journals back to volume one, even if that is more than a hundred years old. Coverage extends to within five, three, or one year ago, depending on title.
Bibliographic citations and some full-text for journal articles, books, and book chapters. Subjects include psychology and psychological aspects of related disciplines, such as medicine, psychiatry, nursing, sociology, education, pharmacology, physiology, linguistics, anthropology, business, and law. 1872-present.
Bibliographic index for the field of aging. Subjects covered include: aging, gerontology, health sciences, psychology, social sciences and sociology. Topics include: theories of aging, Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid, marketing to older adults, elder care, Alzheimer's, health care costs and policy, financial and retirement planning, fitness, nutrition, housing and more.
- Ethnic NewsWatch
Ethnic Newswatch is a full-text collection of the newspapers, magazines and journals of the ethnic, minority and native press. Contents include African American, Arab and Middle Eastern, Asian American, European, Jewish, and Native American publications, including the Spanish-language press.
- Diversity Studies Collection
Covers a diversity of diversity topics related to social science, history and liberal arts. This collection explores cultural differences, contributions and influences in our global community.
- Gender Studies Collection
This collection of journals aims to provide balanced coverage of this significant aspect of our culture, covering such topics as gender studies, family and marital issues, health aspects, and many more.
GenderWatch is a full-text database containing 140 international publications plus reports, pamphlets, papers and conference proceedings devoted to women's and gender issues. It is a repository of materials on gender issues worldwide, the evolution of the women's movement, and the changes in gender roles over the last twenty years.
- LGBT life with Full Text
World's literature regarding Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender issues. (Was GLBT Life with Full Text)
- ERIC (Ebsco interface)
Bibliographic citations, abstracts, and some full-text for journal articles, research and technical reports, conference papers and proceedings, program descriptions, teaching guides, and lesson plans covering all areas and levels of education.
- America: History and Life
Citations and some abstracts for journal articles,book reviews, and dissertations on US and Canadian history, prehistory to the present. Covers historical topics and a variety of disciplines including popular culture, gender studies, anthropology, literature and folklore.
- LexisNexis Academic
Full-text access to continuously updated news, law, and business information. Highlights: News: newswires, transcripts, regional, national/international news, & Gallup Polls; Legal: law review articles, federal case law, and federal/state codes; Business: company profiles, country profiles, and SEC filings; People: directories from the entertainment industry, elected officials, executives, politicians, and obituaries. Also has a section that includes full-text of several health newsletters and abstracts of articles in major medical journals.