About IC Library
Welcome to the Ithaca College Library!
I come to Ithaca most recently from Cleveland, Ohio, but have also called New Jersey, Florida, Texas, and Montana home. We believe there's a space for everyone at the library. We are committed to promoting lifelong learning, critical thinking, and information literacy through access to a wide range of resources, services, and programs. Our library strives to create a welcoming and inclusive space that fosters intellectual curiosity, creativity, and innovation. Our goal is to inspire a love of learning and to serve as a gateway to knowledge, ideas, and new perspectives. Personally, I also want to encourage the library staff to embrace change, take risks, and try new things, while also maintaining boundaries and prioritizing caring for themselves.
The Ithaca College library is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for all members of our community. We believe that diversity is essential to the pursuit of knowledge and that it is crucial for building a just and equitable society. We recognize and value the richness of diverse identities, experiences, and perspectives, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, ability, age, religion, nationality, language, and socioeconomic status. We are committed to providing access to a wide range of resources that reflect the diversity of our community, and to ensuring that our collections, services, and programs are inclusive and accessible to all. We strive to create a safe and welcoming space where everyone feels valued, respected, and supported in their academic pursuits. We are dedicated to ongoing learning and growth, and we actively seek out opportunities to engage with diverse perspectives and communities. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is reflected in everything we do, and we are proud to be a part of a community that celebrates and embraces diversity in all its forms.
The Ithaca College Library’s Strategic Priorities include:
- Supporting student success: The library prioritizes providing access to resources and services that support student success, such as research assistance, study spaces, and technology resources.
- Promoting information literacy: The library prioritizes integrating information literacy across the curriculum, which includes teaching students how to effectively find, evaluate, and use information.
- Building diverse collections: The library prioritizes building diverse collections that reflect the needs and interests of the college’s student body and faculty.
- Fostering innovation and collaboration: The library prioritizes fostering innovation and collaboration by providing spaces and resources that enable students and faculty to work together on projects and research.
- Developing partnerships: The library prioritizes developing partnerships with other campus departments and organizations to better serve the needs of the college community.
Let me know what you think!
Michelle Millet, College Librarian
- We’re open more than 148 hours per week with extended hours during exam periods.
- IC faculty, staff, and students have 24/7 access to online resources.
- Ask a Librarian – Targeted research assistance and instruction provided by our subject experts.
- Interlibrary Loan – requested articles delivered by email.