Jobs Available at Ithaca College Library
Access Services/Multimedia Student Employee Positions (Fall 2019)
- Desk duties as scheduled, including, but not limited to, checking in/out materials to users, processing fine payments, utilizing the library’s circulation system.
- Search for missing library materials as requested by library staff.
- Retrieval and scanning of library materials as requested by library staff.
- Advise users regarding library policies or procedures; refer questions regarding overdue, and lost items, fines, claims returns to library staff when needed.
- Providing assistance with copiers and scanners as needed.
- Notify the Circulation Services Coordinator, 2nd Shift Coordinator, Access Services and Multimedia Managers of any problems related to policies, procedures, or building security.
Ithaca College student; attention to detail, organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, working knowledge of Windows 10. Experience working at a library or customer service desk preferred. Must be available to work between the hours of 2 a.m. – 6 a.m., Monday – Friday.
How to Apply
Please submit a one-page statement of interest for working at the library, a resume, the name and contact information for a work or volunteer reference, and library application to the circulation desk, attention Bernard Hogben, Manager, Access Services. Applications are being accepted until all positions are filled.
- Liking the Library on Facebook is a great way to learn about jobs as they appear.