Jobs Available at Ithaca College Library
Multimedia Services Desk Attendant (Fall 2017)
Responsible for the daily workflow at Multimedia Services as scheduled.
This position reports to the Multimedia Resources Manager, but may receive guidance and direction from the Multimedia and the Circulation Services Coordinators.
- Perform routine desk duties as scheduled to include charging/discharging multimedia material using circulation software and processing pickup/hold requests.
- Advise users regarding library building, policy and procedures.
- Refer users to the correct online form or staff as needed (Scheduling, Reserves, Fine Appeals).
- Shelve multimedia materials; maintain collection in correct call number order.
- Provide patron assistance with basic operation of audio/visual equipment.
- Deliver multimedia to campus departments as requested.
- Open/close library building as schedule demands; ensure security of the collection and safety of library staff and patrons.
- Work on various projects as assigned.
- Previous library experience in circulation or equivalent experience in customer service.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to assert library policy.
- Capable of working independently.
- Applicants must be available and willing to work shifts as assigned, including weekends. Multimedia student employees staff the desk Monday-Fridays 7:30am-10:30pm and Saturday-Sundays 10am-10:30pm.
How to Apply
Submit a statement of interest, resume and library application to Multimedia Services, attention Kelly Merritt, Multimedia Resources Manager. Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled.
Music Center Student Assistant (Fall 2017)
Customer service is a primary responsibility of this position. Students who staff the Music Center desk are trained in the advanced use of the web-based library catalog, article databases, and library procedures to be able to provide help to patrons requiring research assistance. Other varied duties include:
- Processing new sound recordings, music books, and scores
- Assisting with ordering and cataloging of music materials (working with library online system, remote databases, and data entry)
- Shelving music books and scores; maintaining order and organization of music collection
- Working with direction and independently to maintain the quality of patron experience when using the collection or requiring help
- Working on various other projects as assigned
- Answering phone
- A friendly, approachable, service-oriented attitude is essential, as is the ability to work without direct supervision on evenings and weekends
- Music major or significant coursework in music required
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Excellent organizational and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently when required
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
Average 7-8 hours per week. Salary: $9.86/hour
Students will be assigned hours during the times that the music center is open: Monday - Sunday (10am-10pm)
How To Apply
Candidates should submit a cover letter, application, and proof of GPA to Kristina Shanton, Music Librarian, at the Music Center desk (3rd Floor, Gannett).
Applications will be accepted until by Friday, April 14th, at 5pm.
- Liking the Library on Facebook is a great way to learn about jobs as they appear.