There are several ways to find books for study and recreation while at home.
- Search our Ebook Central collection. This collection is mostly non-fiction.
- The Digital Public Library of America offers thousands of free ebooks, including classic novels, children’s books, textbooks, and non-English titles.
- JSTOR and Project Muse have opened up their ebook content to subscribing institutions during the pandemic. You can limit your search to books if desired.
- Your local public library may have ebooks available through apps such as Libby. The Tompkins County Public Library has an excellent collection.
- If you’re a New York State resident, you can check out ebooks from the New York Public Library. You’ll need to apply for a card through the SimplyE app.