Jobs Available at Ithaca College Library
Access Services/Multimedia Student Employee Positions (Fall 2019)
- Desk duties as scheduled, including, but not limited to, checking in/out materials to users, processing fine payments, utilizing the library’s circulation system.
- Search for missing library materials as requested by library staff.
- Retrieval and scanning of library materials as requested by library staff.
- Advise users regarding library policies or procedures; refer questions regarding overdue, and lost items, fines, claims returns to library staff when needed.
- Providing assistance with copiers and scanners as needed.
- Notify the Circulation Services Coordinator, 2nd Shift Coordinator, Access Services and Multimedia Managers of any problems related to policies, procedures, or building security.
Ithaca College student; attention to detail, organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, working knowledge of Windows 10. Experience working at a library or customer service desk preferred. Must be available to work between the hours of 2 a.m. – 6 a.m., Monday – Friday.
How to Apply
Please submit a one-page statement of interest for working at the library, a resume, the name and contact information for a work or volunteer reference, and library application to the circulation desk, attention Bernard Hogben, Manager, Access Services. Applications are being accepted until all positions are filled.
Multimedia Services Desk Attendant (Fall 2019)
2 positions available to incoming Freshman for Fall 2020, 6-8 hours/week
Responsible for the daily workflow at Multimedia Services as scheduled.
This position reports to the Multimedia Resources Manager, but may receive guidance and direction from the Multimedia and the Circulation Services Coordinators.
- Perform routine desk duties to include circulation of multimedia material using library’s online system.
- Advise users regarding library building, policy and procedures.
- Refer users to the correct online form or staff as needed (Scheduling, Reserves, Fine Appeals).
- Shelve multimedia materials; maintain collection in correct call number order.
- Deliver multimedia to campus departments as requested.
- Open/close the department; ensure security of the collection and safety of library staff and patrons.
- Work on various projects as assigned.
- Previous library or customer service experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to assert library policy.
- Capable of working independently.
- Applicants must be available and willing to work between the hours of Monday-Fridays 7:30am-10:30pm and Saturday-Sundays 10am-10:30pm.
How to Apply
Email a statement of interest and resume to Kelly Merritt, Multimedia Resources Manager.
Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled.
- Liking the Library on Facebook is a great way to learn about jobs as they appear.