Library patrons will be asked to present their Ithaca College ID in order to borrow materials from our collections.
Due Dates Are Extended Until May 31. Most items will renew automatically. Library materials may be returned to the bins outside the library.
Patrons are billed the original purchase cost of the item after fourteen days overdue. When the cost is not available, the following charges apply:
- Book or score: $65
- Multimedia item: $45
- Popular reading or audio book: $25
A $1.00 processing fee will be charged for multimedia materials returned without the original case.
Patrons must notify library staff when returning items that are damaged or missing parts. Physical damage to an item that occurred while it was checked out may result in the patron being charged a fee to repair or replace the item.
Fines and Fees
Fines and fees may be paid by:
- Check, ID Express, money order
- Credit card during business hours
- Cash using the ID Express machine located on the main floor of the library
Accounts that accrue $200 or more in fines/fees will be blocked until the fees are paid, items returned, or charges transferred to the appropriate campus office. Charges not paid within thirty days will be forwarded to:
- The Office of Student Financial Services, for student fines or fees
- The Office of Financial Services for employees or affiliates. A ten-dollar processing fee applies
Charges are non-refundable once transferred.
Fines may be appealed in some circumstances.
Spouses, qualified domestic partners of employees, IC alumni, IC retirees, Longview residents and staff, and may apply for affiliate status.